Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The time between the last post and today....

Well, I did say I wouldn't post daily lol. This just proves that my life is as boring as I said. The time being spent between the last post and today hasn't been real productive lol.













October 12th was my grandson's 2nd birthday and so we went to that and thoroughly enjoyed seeing him have a blast. He is getting so big! We will miss him when we are gone!
He LOVED his little couch we got him. We are told he constantly sits on it!
I have gotten a few siggies in the mail but not that many. They are all cherished no matter what though.





I did spend 30 minutes on the sewing machine (much to my friend Molly's happiness and disappointment that it was ONLY 30 minutes lol) making some tater bags. My mother in law requested an extra bag as she uses the one I gave her a year or two ago constantly. She goes to the lake on the weekend and so she has to remember to bring the bag back and forth from home to the lake. So I made 3 bags since they are so easy! I sent one to a good friend of mine in California by the name of Cyn F. She is the one that sent me the "gone quilting" thing at the beginning of my blogging.

I also made some siggies for a special brother of a special person on one of the lists I am on. I even had Bear actually sign one for him. That is not normal... he does NOT do things like that lol.
I don't see me getting back to sewing until after the 1st of the year if all goes right. I will be leaving for a trip to Houston on the 31st and will not be back until the 10th and hopefully will be packing the house up as of the 11th to be heading back to Houston as of the end of November. So, sewing does NOT seem feasible till after the 1st of the year!

I am knitting though.... I have not done much to my Lover's Knot afghan. Just a few more rows.

I have started a palindrome cable scarf that is the same on either side. There isn't a front or back side. This is to go with the hat that I already did. It is in the same Plum color as it. The only thing left to do for the set when this is done is the "smoking" gloves. I was asked to make a black pair for a friend of hers so I will probably do both of them at the same time. These will be fantastic projects for the trip!


I am making what I affectionately call the "double moose" hat for April. My buddy Cyn got me involved with this.... this is the first time I have ever worked with unspun thread. This is an experience! Ignore the pink around the edges as that is just my "invisible" cast on. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know... not very invisible, but it won't be there when I'm done! LOL!




The other project I am working on right now is a set of Mary Jane slippers. Another first for me. Right now... I am not crazy about them but we will see..... If I end up liking them I will make another set or two for my sister. But as I said... we will see lol.



Just thought I would throw in a picture of my "boys" for the ending.... until next time.........

No comments: